Schneiderman Insurance Agency, Inc. Blog
He was Ziggy Stardust. Major Tom. The Man Who Fell to Earth. The Thin White Duke. Rock musician David Bowie embodied many distinct, memorable personas. Interestingly, his newly released 20-page will never mentions the name we all knew him by best – “David Bowie.”
What the will does reveal is that at his core the beloved singer-songwriter was a family man who put together a detailed plan 12 years ago after a heart attack to protect and provide for his widow, Iman, and two children.
This is the goal of many of our firm’s clients: Create a powerful estate plan to carry out their after-death wishes and make known to their loved ones just how much they really cared for them. It’s really that simple.
Since the recent discovery of a methane gas leak in Porter Ranch, California at the Aliso Canyon natural gas storage facility has received a lot of attention in the news over the last few months little has been discussed of how insurance companies are looking at the situation. Thousands of families have either fled the Porter Ranch community or been relocated due to health concerns as a result of the gas leak. Their relocation has left homes vacant until the leak has been properly fixed. Schools, such as Castlebay Lane Elementary and the newly built Porter Ranch Community School, have been closed indefinitely and relocated to nearby facilities as well.
Strong El Nino conditions in the Pacific Ocean are causing a lot of discussion by local and national news and governmental agencies urging residents to consider purchasing Flood Insurance even in low to moderate risk flood areas.
Purchasing auto insurance in Los Angeles can bring up many concerns for the average driver and vehicle owner. While every driver in California is required to have auto insurance and the state requires certain minimum liability limits, not everyone obeys these laws. As we have to consider our own needs to protect against liability claims and uninsured motorists it is important to better understand auto insurance and the options available.
Not every auto insurance policy is equal. One company might have a low rate and another might seem high, but it takes a trained professional to help the public understand the difference.
So, you saved up for years to buy a car, and now you are looking for a cheap auto insurance policy. Whether you live in Granada Hills, Los Angeles, Northridge, Calabasas, Santa Monica, Simi Valley, Encino or Thousand Oaks you’ve worked hard to get where you are. Why take a chance by shopping for a cheap auto insurance policy that is meant to protect you and your family?
It always amazes me that so many renters don’t feel the need to have an insurance policy protecting their personal property. While most homeowners are insured, it is astonishing that a majority of renters do not have renters insurance!
Here are some frequently asked questions that should help explain why renters insurance is an important policy to have for anyone that does not own their residence:
Many people are unaware that car insurance does not cover personal belongings in your automobile. Even a full coverage auto insurance policy will not compensate you for damaged or stolen possessions. While your car might be covered for damage or theft, only your auto itself is covered. Therefore, the personal property inside the vehicle are not considered part of the vehicle and are not included in its valuation when it comes to an auto insurance policy. Drivers and passengers carry many valuable items with them when on the road, from cell phones and laptop computers, to leather jackets and other valuable items.
By now, the American public has become accustomed to stories of Hollywood actors’ deaths and their various financial missteps.
There was James Gandolfini, who left his wife with only 20 percent of his estate, meaning the other 80 percent didn’t qualify for the unlimited tax-free transfer of money to a spouse. The cost of that was nearly $30 million to taxes.
I can’t tell you how much I enjoy being a part of the local community here is Southern California. A few weeks ago I was able to work a booth at a concert in Woodland Hills for Queen Nation where I was able to meet many local individuals and families.
We as a society have come to view the internet as a one-stop shop for dealing with life’s nagging problems. Websites like Yelp and Amazon allow us to read product reviews, window shop from home, and make shrewd choices as consumers. We expect prices to be lower, quality to be higher, and promises to be kept. And we don’t lightly give second chances when we’re disappointed. For the first time, we the customers are holding all the cards.